Sunday, May 5, 2019

Home at Last

Response to prompt #50: What's Over the Hill?

No prompt has taken me in more crazy directions than this one. I hopped from one idea to another changing my mind. Once I thought I had settled on an idea, I started some research and then it just blew up all over the place. But the journey is the destination, right? For the sake of time and word space suffice it to say, I learned some very interesting things about the town in which I grew up. I also discovered a few false memories and misunderstandings.

Ultimately, I ended up with some thoughts off the path. I'm not sure how much this piece relates to the prompt. Nonetheless it is where I arrived.


Home at Last
by LJK

Breezy Hill farm
Baker Hill Road
down to the Emerald and Hollywood Hills
and further into the Gables,
back up to the Springs
oh the Springs
Altamonte, Winter, and Wekiva
down
once
again
to the
Pines and Plantation
through the Waves and the Lakes
and the Beach and then back
and then over
to the Acres
to the Lakes
and over the Bridge
home at last



No comments:

Post a Comment