Monday, April 24, 2017

Prompt #22: Rants and Riffs


look at you!! oh ha ha!
sitting there all by yourself
you have nobody, while I have everybody!
twitch if you want to, I know this pisses you off.
and GOOD!  because I hate you.

Stop glowering at me
you can stop staring
no whining now, this is how it is.
I'm free and you're not!
but I still hate you.

Oh!  Isn't it lovely outside?
Too bad you can't enjoy it!
Can you wander through the grass?
Can you enjoy the bright sky?
Can you smell that delicious scent?
NO!
and I still hate you!

You would eat me if you could!  
You would take my nest apart, piece by piece
Not many can chase me up a tree and beat me at my own game,
but you can. (though I'd never admit it)
My tail twitches every time I think about it.
You set my whiskers into a tizzy!
You would probably give me fleas.
OH! How I hate you!!

It's a good think you can't get out of that window.




Rodent.  I so enjoy watching you. You frolic around thinking you are free and fancy that.  I could kill you in a heart beat, just like that.  Ridiculous rodent, you can't even walk straight.  First you jump left, then right, then left again.  Sometimes you even walk around in circles.  Have you no sense of direction?  Or are you simply stupid?

I see you up there, crawling across the wire.  I frequently pray for your electrocution.   How I would love to see the sizzle and pop of every last hair on your tail.  I bet that will stop halt your relentless, mindless chattering.  Do you have any idea how annoying your incessant noises can be?  I am thankful for the glass between us, as it muffles your babbling.

Stupid rodent.  I would kill you, you know.  If I felt like leaving my comfortable abode, I would make a meal out of you.  I might suck out your eyes just for fun.  Then to show my great pleasure, I would throw you up on my lovely Persian carpet.  Yes, what a decoration you would make.

Don't get so sure of yourself squirrel.  Your days are numbered, as are my days of dry cat food.  You should be thankful that I can't get out of this window today.

1 comment: