Saturday, May 2, 2020

Prompt #60 The Power of FOUR

Prompt #60 The Power of FOUR



When this idea of "FOUR" came to me, I knew immediately it had power. The number FOUR provides stability, order, and direction.

Four seasons

Four cardinal directions

Four suits in cards

Four years in high school

Four legs on a chair

Four members of Trail Brazen Writing Circle




This is a wide open prompt. Your target is to write something in a collection of four. How you do that is totally up to you.

The challenge I put out is to make it a bit on the complex side. Don't just write about "The Four Best Songs of the 1980s."  Instead write about "The Four Songs that Kept Me Afloat in the 1980s." Or even "Four Songs from the 1980s that Remind Me of Things I'd Rather Forget." (Maybe writing about that will help you forget!)

Some ideas off the top of my head:

Four places I traveled that surprised me in some way.
      Four favorite days from my teaching life.
            Four favorite poems that rhyme.
                  Four pieces of clothing I can't live without.
                        Four characters from novels I can't stop appreciating.

You get the idea. The sky is the limit on this one. If anything, I'm thinking we all will come up with many ideas!









No comments:

Post a Comment