Saturday, May 16, 2020

Four Promises (Reminders?)

Response to Prompt #60: The Power of Four

I am a person of structure and balance. I have an unexplained need for symmetry and order. Historically, my favorite numbers have been 3 and 6. Don't ask why, for I have no idea whatsoever. In fact, 4 makes so much more sense. Four corners, four sides, balance and structure.

I am hoping to harness all my power into four right now. Four personal commitments. Here it goes. On this day, at 4:00 pm (which is actually a coincidence) I am going public with a promise to myself:


Four Promises (Reminders?)

One: Everyday Movement
Yoga, bike riding, kayak or walk
doesn't matter what movement I choose
without this promise to myself and my health
I'm the one who stands to lose



Two: Everyday Reading
Poetry, literature, biography or whatever
it just can't be material for work
take time to nourish my creative spirit
and protect it from dormancy and murk

Three: Everyday Writing
Blog post, quick writes, jottings or journal
no more opting out
I AM now living a writerly life
down with any feelings of self doubt!

Four: Everyday Gratitude
For the ones who love me and those I love back
a reminder to be grateful and gracious
a heart which is open to anyone who needs it
is at once both full and yet spacious





No comments:

Post a Comment