Saturday, February 3, 2018

Which One Wins?

Response to prompt #32, Rock, Paper, Scissors

I am paper--
   
     easily torn in two on a good day,
     tiny pieces on a bad one.

I am paper--

     sometimes words full of meaning scribbled all over me,
     other times a blank sea of white.

I am paper--

     wrapped around a thoughtful gift,
     waiting to be shredded to reveal the treasure inside.

I am also rock--

     acting as a sturdy weight,
     holding the important papers in place.

I am rock--

    lying in wait to be hurled at those who offend,
    to smash through the windows of their glass castles.

I am rock---

    resting at the bottom of the river,
    letting the water rush over me day after day.

I am also scissors--

    cutting through things cleanly and efficiently,
    trimming until the edges are perfectly straight.

I am scissors--

   snipping away the extra white space around the print,
   making sure the words don't get cut away.

I am scissors--

   hacking through pages I don't want seen,
   ensuring the shreds can't be pieced back together.

I am paper. I am rock. I am scissors.
Which one wins?



 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment