Sunday, January 3, 2016

Invitation to Write #8 - The Gift

     As part of my going away gift, the awesome ladies on my team at the district gave me a little book called The Writer's Block by Jason Rekulak.  It is literally in the shape of a block, a much appreciated play on words.  Although it made me chuckle, I haven't done anything with it since my departure.

    Until now.

     I have adapted two different ideas---one about the worst gift you've ever received and the other about the most meaningful gift you've ever received---to create this month's prompt.

    Prompt #8 - We have all received gifts that surprise us, delight us, confuse us, or piss us off.  Write about the most or least meaningful gift you've ever received, considering what this gift reveals about your relationship with the person or people who gave it to you.  This gift can be an actual item but doesn't have to be physical in nature.  After all, some of the best gifts aren't concrete items; life's intangibles---lessons, advice, support---are often more important than something wrapped with a bow.  Write about this present in any form that comes naturally. That is your gift to our circle this month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment