Saturday, July 4, 2015

Yellow

Sunset over Estero Bay 6/28/15
Response to invitation to write #1 
by Annmarie Ferry

If you ask my favorite color, yellow never seems to make the cut. I rarely wear it. I don't decorate with it. I don't seek it out.

Living in Southwest Florida, I am surrounded by vibrant colors year round. Yet I never really thought about how those colors can affect, even heal me.

So, I did a little research.  Turns out yellow is the color of communication. It is said to clear the mind, get you talking, and correct forgetfulness.

In chromotherapy, it is used to help strengthen the mind and nerves, soothe shooting nerve pain, lift depression, inspire creativity, and encourage a higher mentality.

All of which, I certainly need some help with these days.

Out of all the pictures of beautiful landscapes and scenery that I snapped over the weekend, this is the one that keeps drawing me in and speaking to me.

Coincidence?  Doubtful. But, if so, it is the happiest accident I've ever encountered.


Yellow

As the sun morphs and melts before my very eyes,
     it shows me a vision:

           A vision of hope.
           A vision of peace.

As the sun's disappearing rays dance playfully on the water,
     they sing me a song:

          A song of joy.
          A song of renewal.

As the sun casts its yellow glow across the evening sky,
     it paints me a picture:

          A picture of glory.
          A picture of optimism.

I will harness its power,
     revel in its healing glow,
knowing that whatever ails me
     is no match for its yellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment