Monday, July 27, 2015

It Ain't Easy

Response to invitation to write #2 Ch...Ch...Changes

by Annmarie Ferry

If there was one way to lose weight, one way to grieve, one way to parent, one religion or philosophy to follow, bookstore and library shelves would look pretty bare.  

Likewise, if there was one "right" way to change your life, we would all be able to morph whenever we saw fit. 

Fat chance.

I am in a funky transitional phase right now.  My life, like everyone else's, has been one transition after another, but I've never really stopped to take note and notice how I managed these transitions. I guess I've never felt the need to. 

Or, was I just afraid?

I am thinking it is the latter.  And, I am thinking it is time to change that.  

Change is scary.  It involves digging up old skeletons I've buried so I could move on with my life quickly and quietly. Unearthing old hurts I blocked out; accepting people in my life the way they are; deciding to forgive everyone involved, including myself. 

So, I decided to start by defining change. A quick google search for synonyms yielded these results: alter, adjust, adapt, amend, modify, revise, refine, reshape, refashion, revamp, rework, transform, metamorphose, and evolve.

Whew! Change is loaded. Deep down, I think I already knew that. Hence, the difficulty doing it. But, writing it out is a good step:


I will embrace this constant state of flux, 
  allow the energy around me to reshape my existence,
    revamp my perspective, adapt to my current circumstances.

I will shed the fear that has held me back,
  rework my past experiences into positive catalysts,
    revise my philosophy, open myself to new possibilities. 

I will realize my reality is what I make of it,
  refashion the parts of my mental wardrobe that no longer fit, 
    reshape my negativity and find the positive spin on things. 

I will allow myself to evolve into a person I admire,
  be born again and again to embrace the inevitable changes of life,
     inspire those around me to embrace their own transformations. 
    

I am lifting my proverbial glass to toast change, giving it the kudos it deserves, hoping it will become something I celebrate, not fear.  Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment