Thursday, October 5, 2017

Prompt #28: Heard it in a Love Song

Okay, it doesn't actually have to be something you heard in a love song. It can be any song. Things have been pretty heavy lately, in Florida and everywhere. We are stymied by natural disasters, violence, the politicking, and the human suffering. I figured we could all use a little chance to lighten things up a bit. Of course, who am I to direct your writing path. My idea felt light and fun to me, but who knows in what direction it will take the rest of you. Either way, I hope you enjoy writing.

Recently, a song has been repeatedly surfacing in the random shuffle playlist on my phone. It's a tiny little piece of lyric begging for me to write something, either with it or in response to it. It's really nothing fancy, just a phrase that's strung together in a way that makes me smile when I hear it. It got me thinking... let's go back to song lyrics. We haven't worked with songs in awhile.

I have been trying to decide on buying some tickets to a concert lately. There are a few acts coming into town that interest me. One of them is The Marshall Tucker Band with Charlie Daniels Band. It'll probably be a great show, but I've decided against it because of the price and the venue. Anyway, I guess I have Marshall Tucker on my mind because this prompt is to write anything you want inspired by something you heard in a song- a love song, or any song. Use a lyric exactly, twist some of the words around for a found poem, find inspiration in a melody, or use a line as a story starter. Whatever you want. Just have a little fun with it. (You'll have to wait to see the one I'm using.)

Warning: You're likely to catch an ear worm.

Here's a little inspiration from TMTB.

No comments:

Post a Comment