Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Nature Never Fails -- Response to Prompt #73

When I came upon the song that inspired this prompt, I couldn't wait to discover all the things I knew that worked.

I made a list. Set it aside.

On New Years Day I was revisiting the idea in general. It came to me that nature is something that always works. On my list I had things like...

Looking at the sky

Wading in the river

Gathering stones

Walking among trees

***

I am a huge believer in synchronicity, so it was not a surprise when shortly after that I happened upon a TikTok video by a Ukrainian soldier. At the time, he was lying in a tree line with another soldier hiding from the Russians, who were shooting artillery (all heard on the video.)

The young man talked about the Russians actions and then he said...

In such moments

As not to go mad

To save brain and stay calm

Because it could be scary

I looked around at nature

A bumblebee is flying here near me

Listening the butterfly

Feeling wind on my face

And remind myself what I'm fighting for

***

I've been re-watching one of my favorite shows Mozart in the Jungle, and the main character, Rodrigo, has a philosophy I have hung on to for a very long time. He says...

When we have lost our way, we need to go back to the basics. That is where the beauty lies.

 *

Without a doubt, the stuff that works for me is about returning to the basic essence of all of life--

and that is the natural world.

Only then can I tap into what I am to be doing. Or not doing.

Only then can I remember to be fearless.

Only then can I be calm enough to accomplish my mission in life.

Only then can I find the beauty present in every living moment.


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment