Sunday, January 31, 2021

Rivers Run, Teachers Teach

 Response to Prompt #65 Random Page

 

Lately I've been wanting to write some kind of recap of first semester. This morning I began in earnest, reading through my series of poems from August until yesterday. But it didn't seem lead to much of anywhere.

I've also been thinking I'd like to write a nonet, because it has been a while since I've written one.

This afternoon I had a bit of time open up, and so I picked up the book I've been reading every morning, a little at a time: Instructions to the Cook by Bernie Glassman.

I found this on page 97:

Usually we think we have to go through or over the rock that seems to be in our way. But the river never goes up against the rock directly. Water is gentle, but it is also the most persistent of elements. It always finds a way to go around the rock.

 With that in mind, I wrote my nonet, which has also covered what I need to say about first semester.

 

 The water will always find a way

Rocks do not impede the progress

With patience and persistence

Right elements appear

Gentle flow and go

An opening

A true path

Rivers

Run


 



No comments:

Post a Comment