Thursday, October 29, 2020

Invitation

 Response to Prompt #63: Blue Mind

Happy is he who is awakened by the cool song of the stream... by a real voice of living nature.

-Gaston Bachelard



Invitation


I wake to the invitation

a cup of coffee and the sunrise

looking out from the balcony above

the vastness of blue eternal

interrupted only by the horizon

navy blue below and sky blue above


Saline air cleanses my sinuses, my lungs 

my mind is relaxed, my heart at ease

the tide pulls back and forth rhythmically

a seaside rocking chair lullaby

only I'm awakened, not asleep

senses alert, the day awaits with promise


Stepping out, the soft, powdery sand like baking flour

rising between my toes settling to my skin

until I no longer notice or care 

there is no care here 

just warmth from the sun 

and the soothing gulf coast breeze








No comments:

Post a Comment