Sunday, September 23, 2018

Black Bear Introspecting


I lumber through these woods
Every tree and bush familiar
My black fur sometimes scraped
Off, left aflutter in the breeze.

The sweet honey I seek is truth
The berries, all meaning in life
Roots, bulbs, grasses; I get grumpy
If you come near my young.

My paws are hefty and balanced,
Claws gripping the earth, marking a tree
Deep, long, grasping, gouging
No even match for me around here.

And there is no predator to bother me
Free to hunt, to swim, to rest
My territory is all I see, all I intuit
Prodigious & purposeful, sweeping & substantial.

This is how I live until autumn comes
Entering the Great Void, the Dreamtime
I seem to die for a time to find answers
Meditating in my den is a great gift.

There is strength in silence and peace, too
No clamor & commotion, din & discord
This is the best way to get where I’m going
The spring flowers will bloom on their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment