Sunday, August 19, 2018

Galileo Was Supposed to Study Medicine

My response to prompt #41 "Side by Side"

I started with Barbara Hamby's poem "Thinking of Galileo," and proceeded to the song "Galileo" by the Indigo Girls, then added in some words from Amy Grant's "Galileo."  I made a list of words from all these texts and then let it sit.  The opening line came upon me after a couple of days. This is completely mixed, and I only vaguely know what comes from where.

I also read up on Galileo: such a fascinating individual. I find science entering my life in mysterious ways, and this is one of the ways.




Galileo Was Supposed to Study Medicine

I’m the astronomer of my own constellation
Traveling my own orbit
Morsel of light
Darkest night
Starlight
Insight
Virtuous life

Don’t fear the black holes
The unending inertia
Vivid velocity,
Deepening discovery
Sun spots and moon mountains
Speaking slowly into the light
Until my soul can get it right

Gold waterfalls of stars cascading
Arcs of color and light
Fear of motion
Across the ocean
Night vision
Inspiration
Revolution

Bombshells

A miracle occurs
With the tattered debris
Of an attitude like mine
Dreams easier to find
Enough wandering now
In the moon-drunk sky

Lightning strike
Perhaps my soul is finally getting it right





No comments:

Post a Comment