Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Prompt #24
Yes!  I am finally getting around to my Found Poem.  Taken from the Residential Living Checklist that SCAD gave Madison for "what to bring"

Alarm clock
Bed linens, pillows, blankets
Cleaning supplies
Clip light
Clothes hangers
Laundry products
Paper Products
Shower curtain
Throw rugs
Wastebasket
Fan
First Aid kit
Flash light
Memo board
Stationary/stamps




Alarm clock because I can no longer wake you when you ignore the 3 alarms you've set on your phone
Bed linens, pillows, and blankets. Thank god I taught you how to make your bed and do laundry.  You'll do just fine
Cleaning supplies, yes you know how to use them as well... even if you don't like to clean
Clip light. I know you will be up late, hopefully studying and painting... but I know you are growing into a young woman and your late nights are yours.
Clothes hangers... do you know what these are for?
Laundry products.  Please dont leave your clothes in the washer like you do at home.  They will mold just like they do at home.
Paper products.  Now you will know how much toilet paper costs!
Shower curtain.  This too will mold.  Did I teach you that?
Throw rugs.  Ok, you've never had cold feet here in Florida... Georgia will be different.
Waste basket.  They don't empty themselves ya know.
Fan.  You are going to really appreciate the air conditioning at home :)
First aid kit.  I wont be there to kiss your boo boo's any more, but I'm only a call away anytime you need me
Flash light. Think of me... guiding you
Memo board.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see all the fun messages your friends will leave.  Send me pics now and then.
Stationary/Stamps.  So old fashioned.  Just snap chat me, or email, or better yet call.  I'll use the stamps to send you care packages full of goodies from home.

I'll miss you so much!  But I am proud of the woman you've become and I'm excited for your new adventure.  Mom will always be here and love you for ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment