Sunday, November 13, 2016

Prompt #19 Grocery List Flash Fiction

I fell in love with flash fiction during my 2-day session with John Dufresne (pronounced Dufrane). One of my favorite exercises (although I haven't sat down to finish the story I started) was to write a piece based on a grocery list.  If you think about it, an individual's grocery list says a lot about that person and offers a unique glimpse into his or her life.  

In that spirit, check out the found grocery lists on grocerylists.org.  You access the lists by hovering over each image and clicking the link that pops up (directions on the top of the page). One you find a list that interests you, create a piece of flash fiction to tell a story about the person who wrote the list.  

It will be fun to see where this takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment