Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ups and Downs

Challenges: I don't always accept them, but when I do, they're usually from one of my Trailbrazen sisters. This month, we get to create our own form, and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  I'm counting on prompt 13  being lucky for us all as we try to stumble onto a cool unique from.

Disclaimer:  This poem is NOT reflective of my current emotional state. But, I think at one point or another, we have all been there.

Read stanza I from the top down; stanza II from the bottom up.



f
a
l
l
i
n
g

d
   o
      w
         n

into the depths of self-doubt;

s
i
n
k
i
n
g

l
 o
   w
      e
         r

into the pit of self-loathing; 

p
l
u
n
g
i
n
g

d
  e
    e
      p
        e
          r

into the underbelly of a self-made hell. 


to finally reach the zenith.

          r
        e
      h
    g
  i
h

g
n
i
s
i
r

to the promise of a better day;

               y
             l
           i
        d
      a
    e
  t
s

g
i
d
n
e
c
s
a

to the pinpoint of light;

           d
         r
       a
    w
  p
u

g
n
i
b
m
i
l
c

No comments:

Post a Comment