Sunday, August 5, 2018

Prompt #41 Side by Side

It's a super busy time, so I decided to go with the easiest thing I know -- the Found Poem.

This time I'm hearkening back to various times I've done poetry studies with students and inspired them to make a connection between the poem and a song.  And it didn't have to be a song -- it could be a story or a book or music video or even a painting or photograph. What I had them do with it varied, but it usually involved a presentation so that everyone could see the connections made.

The an example I would use the Yeats poem "Song of Wandering Aengus" and connect it to Sting's "Fields of Gold."  I would make connections between the romantic tone, the longing feeling, the natural setting, and the color gold. I've never made a found poem from it, but I may do that for myself and post it on my blog.  I will be finding something totally new for the TB prompt.



Your Challenge

You can start anywhere you'd like, but most likely a poem will work best, then connect some other  text to it.  Create a single found poem using words and phrases from each. How you do this is totally up to you.  These texts might be similar themes and motifs, or opposites. Wide open!  If you'd rather use something like a painting, video, or photograph, then you'd need to write descriptions.  This is why it may be easier to use text. During this stressful time, be easy on yourself!

If you can provide links to any poems or lyrics we might not know, that would be great. If you get super inspired and want to use more than two texts...go for it!  And give it a cool title, please.

Looking forward to your contributions.






No comments:

Post a Comment