Sunday, April 1, 2018

Prompt #35--Write as Rain

We've all heard the expression, right as rain to refer to those times when everything fits or comes together well. I feel like we had one of those days at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary yesterday. The day was indeed right as rain.

As I pondered this expression, I thought, Why not write as rain? Full disclosure, I chuckled at my cleverness--then promptly blew it off.

But, I kept coming back to it. I couldn't shake the idea, so I knew there had to be something there. I think it will be a cool albeit challenging exercise to write from the perspective of rain. After all, rain cleanses, refreshes, supports life.

You choose the format: journal entry, photo journal, found poem, original poem, song lyric, short story. The only requirement is, rain is the speaker or narrator.

I can't wait to read what we come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment